My experience is that hospital classes focus largely on labour. Whilst an important topic, I have found that little information is provided to help prepare expectant couples for parenthood. Most (if not all) of this information is given little by little postnatally (mainly by a child health nurse). By this time, a new parent is likely to be overwhelmed and exhausted - not great ingredients to take on new information.
Being a parent is important
Bringing up your child is one of the most (if not THE most) important things you’ll ever do. Being a new parent is tough enough as it is… so why not learn about caring for your newborn baby prior to their birth, and enter parenthood with newfound confidence?
Throughout my class, my approach is realistic, honest and relaxed. I invite participant questions/ideas throughout the class. I truly understand how wonderful and yet how challenging it is to bring up a child. My aim is to have my class participants enter parenthood with newfound confidence and to begin the road to a happy journey from the very beginning.
In the class you will learn about:
- Reasons why a baby might cry
- How to recognise feeding and tired cues
- SIDS, tummy time, unsettled periods, fussy periods
- Baby sleep (eg circadian rhythms, sleep cylces, sleep associations, swaddling, how to gently achieve self settling, settling techniques, bedtime rituals)
- Breastfeeding (eg how breastfeeding works, indicators of adequate breastmilk intake, nipple care, attachment and positioning, expressing) ........ and much more
Where: At my house in Bentleigh East
When: I am flexible with days (class goes for about 3 hours)
Gift Vouchers available
If you are interested or have any questions, please email me at: