|What is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)?
IBCLCs are health professionals who are:
- Recognised around the world as having the only standardised, board certified breastfeeding credential available
- Knowledgeable about up-to-date and evidence-based breastfeeding practices
- Experienced in a wide variety of breastfeeding situations
- Sensitive to the needs of mothers and their children as they work with mothers to meet their breastfeeding goals.
I am an IBCLC and run my own private lactation consultancy service, visiting mums in their homes to help them with their breastfeeding concerns. I'm based in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne, but I will travel.
What I can help with
I can help with a variety of breastfeeding issues. For example:
- Sore nipples and/or breasts
- Low supply
- Low weight gains
- Positioning and attachment
- Mastitis, blocked ducts, thrush, vasospasm, white spot
- Sleep and settling
- Breast refusal
- Fussy babies
- Introduction of family foods
- Nutritional advice
The first home visit involves a thorough assessment (including taking a detailed history, watching a breastfeed and an oral examination of your baby) and individualised management advice, and follow-up phone calls/emails/texts. Fees are available upon request. Rebates are available from some private health insurance funds.